Your cart is currently empty!
May 11, 2020
Caring for your face mask:
COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we live and interact with each other. Now face masks have become an essential item for everyone. Whether you are going to your job, your doctor’s appointment, to do the groceries, etc. you need to cover your face with a face mask as a preventive measure. All public places have made it mandatory for visitors to wear a mask.
There are two kinds of face masks; disposable masks and washable masks. Disposable masks are the ones that can’t be worn repeatedly. You must have seen doctors or medical staff wearing it all the time. As the name suggests, they should be disposed of after use. They are made by using non-woven fabric and are also known as surgical masks. But the best option for the protection of COVID-19 is the N95 face mask.
Washable face masks are the ones that you can use again and again. It is made up of 2 layers of cotton or breathable fabric. It can be worn by both children and adults. You should wash it after every time you wear it. When you wash it, use detergents you use for your laundry. Adding a disinfectant solution is also advisable.
How Long Masks Should Last?
The disposable masks are thrown after every use. So, they last for one time. Washable masks can be reused after washing, so they last longer. But pay close attention to the condition of your face mask. After washing it repeatedly, the material can wear out indicating that the mask needs to be replaced. If you feel that the mask straps are ill-fitted and lose then replace it immediately.
You can find all kinds of face masks at your local medical care and hospital supplies providers. Choose the ones that suit your lifestyle and exposure the best.
How to Properly Clean Your Face mask:
Cleaning masks is a very important preventive measure against the spread of Corona and other germs. Proper sanitization and disinfection of the masks will ensure its longevity and usability. Just follow the following tips to clean your face masks:
- Sanitize your hands or wash them for 20 seconds before taking off the mask
- Don’t touch the front of the mask, use the straps to take it off
- If there are filters inside your mask, throw them away
- Fold the mask and put it in a disposable or washable laundry bag
- Wash your hands again
- Wash the cotton face mask with hot water and detergent
- Dip it in water-soluble antiseptic solution
- Dry it in a dryer with high setting
- Store it in a clean dry place when you are not using it
- It is better if you have more than 1 face mask so you can use one while the other is being washed or drying
- You can also wash it with hands using a detergent. Rub it for 20 seconds when washing with hands
Both disposable and washable face masks can be easily found with medical supplies and medical equipment providers. A2Z Medical Supply in Coral Springs, Florida in the United States provides all hospital medical supplies including face masks. We are your durable medical equipment provider!